Projects
    Shout Box
    Teamspeak
    Who-is-Where
    LGSL
    Image Repository

UM-TS   

UM-Facebook   

Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
UnrealMayhem Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 3 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Screenshots for fun! Random Fun&Jokes evilgrins 23 Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:12 am
evilgrins View latest post
Upcoming Skinning Contest General Discussion evilgrins 1 Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:02 pm
Big monsters are BIG Mapping UScript and General Coding evilgrins 0 Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:20 am
website improvements? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    UnrealMayhem Forum Index -> Team Speak And Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
multiw8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 am Post subject: No icon website improvements? Smile Reply with quote

hi all!

i open this post because of some minor point that could be added changed or improved.
i just want to make this post so the user experience will be good over time! Smile not as a negative message!

number 1: the website security.

the website is at the moment not using any secured connection between the client and the user. this can result in spreading personal information, especially login credentials.
the virus scanners of some users will also give a warning that the website or domain is unsafe and they should disconnect. that's not something you want Smile

number 2: interface and shortcuts.

the website has a dark theme that fits the Unreal mayhem needs. but on some places are the red not coming out of the black and that makes it harder to read. (like on the top of the page where it says | Home | UM-Forum | Downloads | Acount | ) making it a darker red or perhaps a lighter color would make it better to read.

talking about the shortcuts.  on most websites is the website / domain logo on the top also a shortcut to the homepage. it also makes it easier for the user to just click the logo instead of searching for a small home button Smile  on the same line is also a massive empty spot on top of the website. it would be nice if it could be used to show the latest / newest forum post. this makes it easier for the user and the forum moderator's to easily see if there are any new post on the fly.

i dont see further any things that i would recommend to upgrade. i will keep this post up to date!

happy killing!

With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Met vriendelijke groeten

multiw8 / Thijmen
-=]UM[=-Zipps*swe
Site Owner
Site Owner

sweden.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: website improvements? Smile Reply with quote

hi multiw8
I dont run this site but I did run the old site that cald php nuke platinum and this site is olmost the same
and I think it have intergrade securety somthing cald nuke sentinel and one more I dont remember the name

and up wide the emty space to the right is certain common 1(which can be extended) or more img that can be a pain in the ass to fix
but ho knows
pholix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: website improvements? Smile Reply with quote

Hi, Im running and hosting the website along with my trustee sidekick Hitman.

Weve had alsorts of issues with getting the website to its current working position but this platform was chosen out of a shortlist of 5 different CMS websites. and was chosen to be the most configurable to UM needs.

Its great to hear some feedback on the website, Security isn't taken lightly - ask hitman, the permissions on this site are very tight with tough random passwords.

The security between site and client is using a free SSL for the secure connection, this is something that hitman is managing as its free for 90 days and then will need renewing. would be great to have to financial backing / donation so that we can purchase a certificate for the website, as its stands its working and is providing security between site and client for the moment.

I totally agree with the colour scheme, not my favorite - i like blues and whites but this is a gaming site so i guess its fitting. quite a lot of modding and work has been done to the branding of the website and lots of arguments over the logo - lol - the logo and icons run through the website with the same theme.

If your struggling to read the website, you can hold down ctrl and move the mouse wheel till the page is comfortable to read. (I hope that helps with your eyes)

Most websites do have the logo as a shortcut to home - ill certainly look into this.

Thank you for your comments.

pho`
Sponsor
-=]UM[=-Hitman

sweden.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:48 am Post subject: No icon Re: website improvements? Smile Reply with quote

There is an even easier way if someone think its to dark, shift theme in your acount-settings to the light-gray DW-abyss or even brighter the evoextreme, more different themes will come.. Wink  Wink
Visit member's Facebook: 138263556203436
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view UnrealMayhem Forum Index ->  Team Speak And Website Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: